The Institution of Engineers Tanzania aims to be a leading organization in the country and beyond that will spearhead the development and integration of engineering, science, technology, public policy and management of resources for the sustainable betterment of mankind and the environment.
This vision will be achieved through:
- Service to its membership and the public at large by advising on new technologies that have positive societal impacts.
- Promoting and advocating for responsible, economically justifiable and environmentally sustainable solutions that improve the quality of life for mankind.
- Development and promotion of standards of excellence.
- Dissemination of information.
- Translating research findings to solving real life problems.
- Continuing education of its membership.
- Carrying out and promoting research projects beneficial to society.